14 May 2017

That holy mess inside your soul...

 ...sews perfect patchwork quilts. Makes art that grows in barren soil where weaker flowers lilt. -Dallas Clayton
Life is so incredibly hard. There are moments of intense joy, minutes of numbing sadness, days of confusion and days of clarity. Despite the highs and too frequent lows, I'm so thankful for the struggles of being human. Mine have done a fairly good job at keeping me humble, kind and open-minded. They've taught me empathy, resilience and perseverance. I'm learning that sometimes it's best to sit under the clouds of life and feel the rain and that oftentimes my personal storms won't pass until I'm done learning from them. I think maybe this is what God meant when he said, "Be still and know..." He knew we can't run from our problems and there is only true happiness in the present moment. When we are anywhere than where we really are there is misery. When our mind is absent from the this moment we experience anxiety and unsettledness. Now here's to hoping I can practice what I preach. Send positive vibes my way because I know it won't be easy. 
P.S. Happy Mother's Day to all the incredible women out there that have influenced the world for the better. I love you.
Photography by my number one homie, Talia Photography
Cute worded bracelets by Proverb Bands. Use code "CASS" for 20% off.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment