12 April 2016

W/ love from Wilsons Prom

Okkkkaaaayyy people! After being home for just over three weeks, things have finally settled down enough for some Bloggo time. I've been tickled realizing how many people checked in to my blog to see Aussie happenings and I hope I don't disappoint being back in the red, white and blue. Not exactly sure what's going to unfold for me in the coming months, but who is? However, for many years my family has referred to me as "Gypsy", and I plan on living up to that name or at least the traveling, free spirited part of it. We'll see... 
For now, I'll just re-live my Aussie life here because I have so much more goodness to share that I never got around to. Ya ready?
My last week in Oz was full of enough love to carry me for quite some time. I pretty much cried tears of happiness every night I got into bed with the small understanding of how much my mates and this massive island mean to me. Jeeze, I'm emotional. I squeezed in a little camping trip with my Bree Beb and Madison in Wilsons Prom, short for Wilsons Promontory. Australians will literally take any chance they can get to shorten words. Wilson's Prom is a National Park about 2.5 hours from Melbourne and it's supposed to have some amazing views. We climbed a small mountain to get a view of...the clouds. haha. And no, there was no way of telling our view would look like this until we got to the top. I think I'll include a picture of the scene the internet suggested we'd see for comical purposes. 
Expectations ^^^    vs.    Reality vvv
As you can see, the rain and fog can't steal our party. Good times were still had for us all.
I died my hair red and it faded pretty much after the first wash, but I thought I'd showcase it here in all it's fiery glory.
Meet Madison. She's studying at Uni (shortened Aussie word for College) part-time and being a professional cute human the rest of the time.
 I used to wonder what all the hype was about the beach, but now I get stoked with the best of em' every time I step foot on the sand. I think a lesson can be found here. Our passions are part innate and part choice. After many hours spent on beaches along the Oz coast, I've fallen head over heels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment