12 February 2016

Green Remedy


I know you're all surprised. I am too. I mean, the only cleanse that ever crossed my mind involved a bakers dozen of the finest donuts I could get my paws on. But what I want and what is good for me aren't always the same thing. However, in this case the stars aligned and I actually got to practice my favorite hobby, eating, and feel great about what I was putting into my body at the same time. 
Here's the dirty clean deets...

Diary of a first time juice cleanser: 
Initially I thought man, all the most exciting parts of my days involve consuming calories, I'm going to need to dead-bolt the fridge and a long list of other dramatic thoughts leaning towards starvation. However, my experience was the opposite. Not eating heavier meals and snacks actually helped me to pay attention to all of those things I normally would have eaten and reevaluate my normal routine. I also felt the process to be a cleanse of the mind, feeling more inclined to eat healthier and an increased ability to say no to foods that won't do me any favors. Above all, I believe my body is housing my spirit and if that's the case I need to give it the best (delicious, nutritious cold pressed juice on the daily).

Why Green Remedy?
Green Remedy's juices are cold pressed (as opposed to juices made with a centrifugal juicer, aka old school juicing). This means they are made by crushing and pressing fruit and veggies without getting all the yucky frothy textures and pulp that comes from old school juicing.  Also, as the term "cold pressed" implies, Green Remedy's juices are created with no heat involved, keeping more of the fresh ingredients' nutrients where you want em'...in your belly.  
I also couldn't get over how great Green Remedy's juices tasted. For me, I expect eating/drinking foods that are ultra healthy to be the type you try to slip right past your tongue and into your throat. With this cleanse, I seriously looked forward to the juices (Mean Green and Spliced in particular). And the icing on this healthy...cake? I didn't starve. I didn't even come close. Green Remedy's juices kept me feeling full, especially with the delicious smoothies included in the cleanse. My fave smoothie? "Antioxidantly". 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, treating our bodies right is not always easy, but if you're looking to make some lifestyle changes, cleansing may be a good start for you. If you head over now, Green Remedy will help you get your groove on with 10% off ALL juices and smoothies for the rest of February. 


Photography: Carly Chartres (my beautiful, dope as Aussie friend/mom/homeslice)

No comments:

Post a Comment