18 October 2015

Yogamona


I've always loved getting my sweat on and exploring new ways to push my physical limits. For me, overcoming physical barriers is such a mentally cleansing act. It's a way for me to overcome my biggest critic, myself. No, I don't consider myself an authority on exercise, but I do make a conscious effort to get up and get physical as much as possible. I came across a quote a while ago that really gets me and explains what I mean when I say exercise (in any form) is a "mentally cleansing act".

“Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired. When you were younger the mind could make you dance all night, and the body was never tired... You've always got to make the mind take over and keep going.” -George S. Patton

That being said, it's usually never easy for me to overcome my body and be excited to roll out of bed or put down the donut for a workout. One thing that makes it just a tid bit easier is finding cute/comfortable clothes to workout in. Let's be honest, there have been a few times where rocking a new pair of workout leggings are the only motivation I can muster to get going and get sweaty. Big thanks to Yogamona for helping me out in this department. These leggings are literally the most comfortable thing I own and they meet all my needs on my yoga pant agenda. They are the perfect thickness, they sit high on my hips (so you don't have to worry about giving everyone at the gym a peep show) and they stretch to fit my long legs. I also love the tank for it's softness and flattering cut (which also covers my bum). Have a great day doing your thing. And while you're doing your thing, head on over to Yogamona  and check out these threads for yourself!


Threads: Yogamona
Photography: Carly Chartres

No comments:

Post a Comment