14 July 2014

bear lake shenanigans {ft. GG + CASSANDRA}

first things first// on nicknames...
I've never been one to care about my name being spelled or said correctly,but on account of much confusion, I thought I'd clear the air.  Gg's nickname is said Jij (unless you're his friends, then it's Ji-juh)& my name on practically every social media account happens to actually be the name my mama gave me. 
Cassandra Skyway Dillard. 
& no my mother was never a free-spirited hippie:)


Anal Annie coming through!
 Ask Gg and he will tell ya how paranoid I am about getting hurt on any contraption really and especially this one.
 This was taken just seconds after I was brave enough to lift my feet off of the ground & gain enough speed to get a little wind-blown hair. Pretty sure those shoes really took a beating. P.S yeah, yeah. This wasn't taken in Bear Lake, but this was one of my favorite days with the Gg & it deserves to be documented.
Small snapshot of what Heaven must look like. Bear Lake 2014.

Okay, NO WORDS. Would you look at him? His sweet, kind, baby blues, some midnight melodies
& some sleeping-bag snuggles (shhh) are my jam.
 Don't let this fool you into thinking I'm a musical genius, or anything. I can play "hot-cross-buns" on the piano & a uke rendition of "Baby It's Cold Outside"...OH! I also do a pretty good job at belting anything Celine Dion.


Happy Birthday North America! We love you & fireworks & ice-cream & sunshine & blistering sunburns &
 this lake and the fish and freedom in it. 
You may have picked up on Michael's sweet disposition, but the proof is in the picture. Upon command by little miss Addi (my four year old cousin/sister) he plopped down in the muck while these crazy babes proceeded to give him a perfectly cleansing and rejuvenating spa treatment for TWO HOURS.
 I never asked Michael, but I'm sure mud was found in some pretty unique places afterwards.

#fromwhereistand (sit)

EVERYONE loves Michael. Everyone. 
Especially my house-mate cousins and especially this little pesty pickle, who provided her hair styling techniques with out charging a single dime. 
Love this Mac.

Addi-doo & all her babies (named Big One, Little One and...can't remember the others) love to snuggle when Addi isn't bossing Gg around or talking our ears off. Love the Addi-doo. 

When you see a field of flowers...
Gg and I drove past this site of sun & alfalfa on our way home from the great lake, so naturally we pulled over immediately. After fighting off blood-thirsty mosquitos and dodging (what seemed like) a million bees, this is what we came away with.
 I won't complain.






The best part about this adventure? Gg is such a great sport. 
I say, "Hey Gg, wanna run through this field of alfalfa that could quite possibly give you hives the size of my eyeballs?"
He says, "Of course Cass and even though it's the Sabbath, I'll take you to get a shake and fries (yeah, not proud of my diet 
as of late, but I can't pass up ice-cream) on the way home." I'm really also not proud of going out to eat on Sunday (embarrassed emoji).
I'm glad you dropped by. xoxo, cass


No comments:

Post a Comment